Recipe: Mussels in White Wine with Fennel
Recreate the seafood dish that was the winning recipe for Antonia Lofaso on Bravo’s Top Chef. Try the recipe for yourself!
by: Antonia Lofaso
- 2 sprigs basil
- 2 pounds black Canadian mussels
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 fennel bulbs, shaved thin
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 sprigs marjoram
- Salt, to taste
- Sugar, to taste
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups white wine
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large sauté pan. Add garlic and chili flakes. Cook until aromatic.
- Then add in the fennel bulbs and cook until soft. Add the white wine, salt, and sugar, and cook until dissolved.
- Add the unopened and cleaned mussels followed by the herbs, and cover the pan.
- Cook over medium heat until all mussels have opened. About 3-4 minutes.
Watch the Video